The May 2019 issue of the Houston Economy at a Glance courtesy of the Greater Houston Partnership has been released. Highlights of this month’s update include:
- The metro Houston population grew by almost 92,000 residents in 2018, bringing the region’s population to nearly 7 million.
- International migration to metro Houston reached a record high of 44,535 people in 2018, topping the previous record of 43,094 set in 2017.
- Metro Houston ranked third in overall population growth, third in net natural increase (births vs. deaths), and fourth in international migration in 2018.
- Almost 68,000 jobs were created in metro Houston in the twelve months ending March 2019, a 2.2% increase.
- The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) was 64.0 in March 2019, the highest reading in six years. Readings above 45.0 signal overall economic expansion in Houston over the next three to four months.
This document can be viewed here: Houston Economy at a Glance – May 2019
Please contact us if you have any questions about the information provided.