The October 2019 issue of the Houston Economy at a Glance (courtesy of the Greater Houston Partnership) has been released. This month’s highlights include:
- Metro Houston added nearly 1.3 million residents between 2008 and 2018, a 22.3% increase.
- In 2008, the region’s median age was 33.1 years. In 2018, the median was 34.6 years.
- Metro Houston created 81,900 jobs, a 2.7% increase, in the twelve months ending August 2019.
- City of Houston building permits totaled $7.2 billion for the 12 months ending August 2019, up 16.3% from $6.2 billion for the same period a year earlier.
- The Houston Purchasing Managers Index (PMI), a short-term leading indicator for regional production, registered 51.6 in August, slightly up from 51.4 in July.
This document can also be viewed here. Please contact us if you have any questions about the information provided.